14 June 2007

Comic Book Reviews for 6/13

So, this week was a pretty good week for comics, for me. I enjoyed Countdown #46, Justice #12 didn't let me down, and World War Hulk #1 rocked so hard it isn't even funny (and I almost didn't bother with this book at all). Cable & Deadpool #41 was okay, but it could have been better. Expand for Reviews & Spoilers!


Justice #12 -- Finally, we have come to the end for this bimonthly title. Justice was so awesome throughout that I hated to see the end. I truly enjoyed this title, especially since there was Captain Marvel love throughout the series. Where am I going to get my Captain Marvel fix now, cause Trials of Shazam sucks hard. Monster Society of Evil was slightly better, but I didn't like the changes that much. Any how, back on topic! I recommend this entire series now that it's complete.

Countdown #46 - What can I say about this book? Black Mary is full of win so far, I'm curious as to what will happen after being hit by whatever it is that she was hit with. Jason Todd was in this book as well, which made me a VERY happy Stan. Say what you will about the character, I love JT. Hmmm... Jason and Donna Troy? I wouldn't be adverse to that relationship! The Multiverse thing is already annoying, so I just enjoy the characters I like. I'm hoping that Jimmy Olsen bites the big one, but you know he'll come back to life if he does. Either way, this series is the bomb so far.

World War Hulk #1 -- I've said it once, and I'll say it again: the next few years of Marvel comics are going to be filled with Iron Man getting his ass kicked by everyone. And rightfully so. Civil War left a BAD taste in my mouth, and now I despise the Iron Man character. I was rooting like hell for Hulk in this book, and I wasn't let down. I want Hulk to fuck up everyone involved in messing up his life. I do wonder how this ties in with the latest New Avengers book (which I haven't read YET) -- but I highly doubt Iron Man is dead yet.

Cable & Deadpool #41 -- This series has been getting better after a slag there in the middle. The only thing I don't like is the Cable/Domino pairing. I like Cable better with Irene -- Domino bores me to death. I'm loving this new character "Bob" -- the whole idea of it is hilarious! Outlaw is a favorite as well as Agent X (wonder if he still has that disease/impediment?). All I need now is some Taskmaster added to the mix and I'll be a happy girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Justice #12 was a good read. I liked the artwork and the story. I will go to Borders and read all the back trades. I always put my comics up in a box after reading them so I after the week is over I don't get to go back and read the longer stories, but I still enjoyed this one issue to issue.

World War Hulk was phenomenal. I am so glad Bendis or Millar didn't write it. I am tired of their writings all together. And JRjr is one of the best artists and he is timely so I don't have to worry about delays.

New Avengers #31 was a let down. They were putting interviews and articles out that it was a Cap#25. It wasn't. Cap #25 was big because it was had a big commercial selling point. New Avengers #31 may be setting up big events but it's not as commercial as Cap #25. Plus I am not a fan of Yu. I don't think he should be doing a team book. That's not his strong suit.

I got some more comics to read still, like New X-Men, JLA Classified, Superman/Batman. All the comics that I seem to be collecting out of habit (New X-Men I like, I just don't like the latest artist.)

MLH said...

I managed to get my hands (well, my monitor -- the comic store sold out) on a copy of New Avengers... I was like WTF? at the end. Superman/Batman was an awesome series, I dropped it when they had the Flamebird/Nightwing filler story.

Coco LaRue said...

I'm just getting back into comics! I'm glad I found your blog! I'm starting with "New X-Men." I grew up on "The New Mutants" and "The New Titans"; as such, I'm pretty excited about it. I love a good teenage superhero comic!